An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Plant Purchasing Lead (Direct Materials) to join a top multinational company in Mayo. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Direct Materials purchasing of various plants, and all supply related projects and initiatives. You will cooperate with all departments/stakeholders (Operations, Supply Chain, QA, Engineering) to ensure regular flow of materials, optimal specifications while supporting and adding value to all plant projects.
Role of this position
- Lead savings projects related to Raw Materials, estimate savings and ensure correct implementation and proper tracking of projects.
- Manage all Direct Material spend ensuring value is optimised.
- Monitor compliance to purchasing process to ensure compliance to the Company's Purchasing, Environmental Health & Safety, Financial and Ethical standards.
- Management of day to day purchasing activities for all Direct Material spend categories affecting the site/location, to ensure purchases are made at "the least total cost" to The Corporations.
- Facilitate development, communication and successful deployment of global and regional sourcing strategies. This process will require sufficient buy-in from the main stakeholders (businesses & functions), and the analysis of site-specific data/metric/analytics to support business case development as required.
- Accountable for helping to develop and meet/exceed supply/supplier productivity targets that directly impact company financial results and growth plans.
- Management of the critical supplier relationships in alignment with global category managers, including managing supplier scorecards, input into supply risk mitigation, etc.
- Ensure appropriate communication with key stakeholders to manage and update on key purchasing projects assigned.
- Manage the budget of the raw materials (budgeting and forecasting / track actual vs targets and explanation of variances PPV).
- Work closely with global Category Managers, the Plant Managers and the other operational leadership to direct and facilitate the resolution of major issues at supplier's sites.
- Ideally a Bachelor/Master degree (preferably in business, finance or engineering).
- Professional certification (e.g. CPM, CIPS, IIPMM) and/or MBA.
- A proven track record in sourcing or a productivity improvement role, incorporating project management responsibility.
- 6+ years' experience in purchasing, with at least 3 years of purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a medical / regulated industry preferred.
- An understanding of financial principles, resource planning and allocation, and the fundamental drivers of improvements across a variety of business areas.
- Experience managing cross-functional and cross-business projects within a matrix business environment, including an understanding of the barriers to change and how to overcome them.
Kindly note the above is a summarised job description. Detailed information regarding this role is available by contacting Michelle Galvin on (091 373 938) firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)