PRIVACY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST required by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational manufacturing client for their Pharmaceutical, Consumer and Medical Device businesses and companies. 20 hours per week, 12 month contract.
The PRIVACY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST you will assist the Senior Privacy Manager and his team for 20 hours a week with the implementation and management of the Privacy compliance programme for Ireland for their Pharmaceutical, Consumer and Medical Device businesses and companies, as well as manufacturing, supply chain and R&D operations.
Role of this position
- Assist the Senior Privacy Manager in ensuring that data protection risks are identified and personal information processing activities by all relevant local companies and businesses comply with Privacy principles and applicable Privacy laws and regulations, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and national regulations or applicable codes of conduct/guidance
- Deputise for the Senior Privacy Manager in local company compliance committees (or similar governance structures), to highlight Privacy risks and status of local Privacy programme deployment.
- Liaises with business process owners, to build understanding of Privacy risks related to their personal information processing activities and provides advice on how to mitigate these risks, by embedding Privacy into the design of business processes.
- Collaborates with Technology on compliance assessments and Internet and digital asset compliance review process.
- Assists the Senior Privacy Manager with the deployment of a local Privacy programme, in terms of Policies and Procedures, Training and Communication, Testing and Monitoring, in accordance with the requirements set by global Privacy Framework.
- Rolls out Privacy training in accordance with agreed training plan in all relevant local business operations. Develops local training content and awareness programmes for employees and contractors, where needed.
- Provides assistance to the Law Department and Procurement, if needed, with the insertion of adequate Privacy language into contracts with third party service providers
- Provides general assistance with the management of any contract and vendor remediation projects by partnering with cross sector stakeholders, including IT, Business, Legal, HR and other third parties.
- Assists business process owners with self-assessments, identifying and documenting privacy risks, including remediation and mitigation plans where appropriate
- Manages requests for access and correction of personal information or complaints against the organization, under the guidance of the Senior Privacy Manager.
- Helps manage the response to local Privacy incidents, under the guidance of the Senior Privacy Manager and in close collaboration with the Global Privacy Team, IT Security, Law Department and relevant business process owners, and monitors the execution of resulting remediation action plans.
- Assists the Senior Privacy Manager with the fulfillment of legal obligations under GDPR.
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience in a privacy role
- Broad understanding of applicable European and local Privacy laws and regulations
- Good working knowledge of common IT systems, processes and information security practices
- Experience of working in a matrix environment within a large multinational corporation
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of quality, compliance and accountability when advising the business
- Demonstrable ability to engage with a range of business units and functions and uncover their objectives and needs
- Ability to translate a wide variety of principles and, sometimes complex, legal requirements into actionable solutions for the business
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)