A Production Planner is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Tipperary based client.
This is an opportunity to join a select team within a major FMCG production facility.
Role of this position
- Develop detailed production schedules and optimize use of all capacities in each stage of the Supply Chain Process
- Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Interact with sales to understand demand forecast variables and to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Lead the planning meetings to review, reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model
- Manage, coordinate and plan all production materials and services for the organisation, ensuring that the supply needs are in time and quality and GMP compliance are met
- Liaise with internal departments to prepare weekly production, purchasing and logistics schedules and ensure that targets are met
- Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of production to meet logistics dates according to sales forecasts and customer orders
- Monitor production plans/performance weekly and realign to ensure the purchasing strategy fully supports both production and project targets
- Monitor inventory levels and report any deviation from plan and implement corrective actions where applicable
- 1 direct report - Assistant Production Planner
- Minimum 3 years' experience in forecasting/ planning/scheduling in an FMCG manufacturing organisation
- IIPMM or relevant materials management qualification an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of leading Planning, Logistics & Procurement Tools, Processes, Methods and Reporting Techniques. Process orientated approach to work
- Excellent Project Management skills. Ability to implement process improvements at a site and Planning/Procurement team level.
Please call Gillian Dunphy today for further information on 061-365969 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)