A Production Team Leader is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Co. Mayo based client.
This is an opportunity to join a select team with our major medical manufacturer.
Role of this position
- Supervising production activities against appropriate measurements.
- Managing all resources within a particular production area i.e. labour and materials.
- Maintaining the key measures of machine effectiveness, waste, quality and schedule adherence.
- Ensuring a positive employee relations climate is maintained and that there is ongoing communications as required. Liaising with training coordinators to provide ongoing training and development for individuals to enhance flexibility and personal development.
- Adhering to daily/weekly production schedules in conjunction with manufacturing planning and measuring adherence to this schedule.
- Supervise the consumption of materials with the Value Stream and manage Work in Progress to agreed standards.
- Completing all relevant documentation and keeping visible measures against metrics currently displayed.
- Leading and driving continuous improvement and quality activities with Operators in the Value Stream.
- Supervise communications within the Value Stream including weekly meetings and relevant issue identification and problem-solving meetings.
- Maintaining a safe working environment which complies to relevant EH&S standards.
- 3rd Level qualification in business/engineering/science. Supervisory Management Training an advantage.
- 3 - 4 years of manufacturing experience in a similar position and preferably experience in a Unionised environment in the medical devices industry.
- A demonstrable track record of utilizing modern effective production process and lean manufacturing tools to drive continuous improvements
- Process or product knowledge within the medical devices industry would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP, MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word
Please call Gillian Dunphy today for further information on 061-365969 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)