PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN required by CareerWise Recruitment for our manufacturing client in Co. Cork who serve the farming, dairy, brewing, water treatment and electronics industries.
The PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN will have experience in maintenance and repair of process plant equipment with ability to troubleshoot problems and put effective preventative actions in place. They will have completed an Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship and/or Cert/Diploma in Engineering Technology discipline including mechanical, electrical, automation, etc. or equivalent.
Role of this position
- Work directly with engineering/production team to ensure problems impacting processes are resolved and plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Develop a detailed understanding of all cleanroom HVAC, equipment, and utilities to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Work closely with the Production Supervisor and Process Engineer to support and improve the process and testing of products.
- Identify and complete process improvement projects working with onsite and offsite contractors and suppliers.
- Troubleshoot processes and parts to find root cause of issues. Implement corrective actions to resolve issues and preventative actions to prevent recurrence.
- Carry out equipment visual inspections as part of the preventative maintenance plan.
- Manage and carry out calibration of equipment.
- Support all LOTO activities. This involves the creation and checking of LOTO procedures.
- Prepare permits, hot works, cold works, line breaks, LOTO etc.
- Review completed permits and sign off.
- Record on maintenance system any work completed.
- Other Duties as defined by the management.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and equipment (Temperature gauges, Ph Sensors…..), and process equipment(Pumps, Valves Heat exchangers….)
- Ideally with experience in a regulated environment Chemical, Food or Pharma.
- Experience in maintenance and repair process plant equipment with ability to troubleshoot problems and put effective preventative actions in place.
- Qualified - Completion of Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship and/or Cert/Diploma in Engineering Technology discipline including mechanical, electrical, automation, etc. or equivalent
- Competent person, capable of working under their own initiative with minimal supervision, showing urgency in completing assigned tasks as quickly as possible, without compromising product quality.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- PC literacy is essential as is a willingness to learn the internal systems of the company.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)