Program Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based client. The Program Manager position is the key role to form/lead cross-functional teams (and across sites, geographies, businesses, and external business partners) and requires the ability to lead scoping/planning, costing, development/implementation, and launch/commercialization activities for diverse project types. The emphasis of this position will be to work with manufacturing sites to implement product changes into manufacturing. Key requirements are knowledge/experience with applying design controls to design changes and ability to work with both Manufacturing and the Design team to implement changes in a timely manner. This Program Manager may also be assigned to lead design change projects from definition through implementation.
This is a 12 month contract will a very attractive rate offered.
Role of this position
- Leading cross-functional teams in the development of formalized plans and project contracts and garnering management approval for them
- Defining realistic program and project goals, objectives, and metrics in a highly matrixed organization
- Identifying and garnering the necessary resources to execute the programs and associated projects
- Managing program/project risk (identification, contingency and mitigation planning/management)
- Communicating with all levels of management and throughout the organization(s)
- Leading activities to resolve issues and reach effective decisions in a timely manner
- Driving execution of program and project deliverables through others and self, ensuring that the products and project deliverables meet rigorous standards of quality
- As part of the leadership team, energizing co-workers by clearly positioning how the development projects will benefit target patients and how optimization projects will deliver superior products more quickly, relentlessly promulgating excellent teamwork and dedication to high standards of quality, and aligning the team to support overall business objectives and make sound business decisions at a project/portfolio level in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- BS degree (engineering/technical) with 9 years experience in an engineering or technical field (including at least 5 years in new product development), or equivalent. Medical device industry experience, preferred.
- Five years experience in project management (or functional management) including demonstrated experience in all project management processes. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, preferred. Breadth across various product development life cycles (for example, hardware/device, firmware/software, electromechanical systems, drug development), a plus.
- Demonstrated, Knowledge of development life cycles and project management tools, ability to build, energize, and lead teams formed from a cross-functional, matrixed organization and promote teamwork, ability to lead groups, including engineers and scientists, in technical risk analysis, problem solving and decision making
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-2429 7536 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)