PROJECT MANAGER (NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT) with 5+ years experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment, required by CareerWise Recruitment for a 12 month contract with our multinational medical device client in Cork.
The PROJECT MANAGER (NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT) will provide a lead role in New Product Development projects in the NPD group at our clients Innovation Centre.
Role of this position
- Lead technical elements within cross functional teams to execute new product development projects.
- Implement design for manufacturability in new product designs to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Manufacturing technical expert to global design groups.
- Project management responsibility for sub projects elements.
- Conduct detailed product design reviews.
- Identify appropriate resources and requirements for product development.
- Development of manufacturing processes to lean guidelines.
- Lead implementation of digital manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies.
- Develop innovative product development processes to shorten product lifecycle time to market.
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process.
- Complete validation activities required to launch new products.
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk.
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term.
- Degree in Mechanical/Production/Biomedical Engineering and 5-10 years experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment.
- Project Management Professional with experience managing project elements
- Proven track record in development and installation of manufacturing processes for New Products or Product Transfer.
- Experience using proven problem solving techniques
- Self motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 021 4297422 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)