An R&D Scientist is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Limerick based client.
This is an opportunity to join a select team with a successful Medical Devices company based in Limerick.
Role of this position
- Execute Research and Development activities through all phases of product development.
- Perform clinical sample extraction, and qPCR assay optimization experiments in molecular biology laboratories (including a BSL2 lab), including operation of liquid handling systems, on a regular basis. Develop testing protocols, prepare project reports, and present study designs and results in PowerPoint to the project team.
- Interact cross functionally. Transfer new qPCR product and process to Manufacturing.
- Follow regulatory compliance in line with ISO 13485.
- Adapt to fast-paced environment and project priority shift effectively and efficiently.
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods)
- Experience with methods for extraction of DNA/RNA from microbes & viruses (manual & automated sample prep methods).
- Regulatory Experience in IVD product development.
- MSc in Molecular/Microbiology or Equivalent
- A general understanding of microbiology.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis and interpretation (proficient in Microsoft Office)
- Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges and open to learning new skills
Please call Gillian Dunphy today for further information on 061-365969 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)