Road Freight Operator required by Careerwise Recruitment for our client based in Shannon, Co. Clare.
This is a permanent position working the day shift with an attractive salary for the ideal candidate.
Role of this position
- Processing shipment bookings for both groupage and full load operations.
- Plan and route Great Britain and European groupage trailers
- Monitoring shipments from point of Customer booking to arrival at destination and Customer payment.
- Providing a high level of Customer Service to both internal and external customers.
- Liaising with local and International hauliers and agents to ensure that the best possible rate and transit time are secured.
- Liaising with transport personnel regarding collections or deliveries.
- Working with the warehouse to process of road freight shipments.
- Organizing freight for distribution, export, or import.
- Processing Sales / Purchase Invoices and dealing with any queries relating to Customer / Creditor invoices.
- Providing quotations for new and existing customers.
- Developing and building relationships with new and current clients/subcontractors.
- Dealing and ensuring maximum profit is obtained by being able to source most competitive transport solution.
- Assisting with holiday cover within the operations office.
- Providing administration support to other freight departments when required.
- Occasional Customer visits.
- Carrying out any additional duties which may be assigned from time to time.
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
- Have solid experience working within the Great Britain and European road freight forwarding industry.
- The candidate must be fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Preferably 3-4 years' experience in Great Britain and European Groupage operations.
- Have general knowledge of road freight equipment i.e., euro liners, taut liners, box trailers, Mega trailers, Road trains.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Good experience of using Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Be a fast learner and be able to take on additional tasks quickly.
- Forklift license preferable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills