CareerWise have been commissioned to source a Senior Accountant for a leading pharmaceutical client in Cork. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with industry experience looking for the next step in their career. This is a 18 month contract initially.
Role of this position
- Maintains ledger integrity and ensures financial compliance with the worldwide Controller's manual and to all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with GAAP. Consistently maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies and procedures including Worldwide Controller's manual
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions; P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation and resolution
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under U.S. and local GAAP
- Assist market finance team with technical accounting issues relating to leasing and other statutory accounting queries
- Responsible for Lease Accounting as per new Standard ASC842 and IFRS15
- Experience in a global finance function of a multi-location, multinational corporation.
- The development of strong relationships with key stakeholders, in particular with market finance teams across EMEA, APAC and US. Ability to quickly establish credibility with and influence diverse audiences.
- Full details available on request.
- Qualified Accountant or person with an equivalent accountancy qualification with a fundamental understanding of what it takes to operate within a multi-country RTR environment in a multi-national corporation.
- The person we seek will ideally have RTR experience in a similar organization operating in several major countries in Europe, with exposure to the United States and in depth knowledge of general accounting policies and procedures in particular Tax and US GAAP as well as knowledge of local European country statutory and tax reporting requirements.
Please call Michael Hanrahan today for further information on 021-2019817 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)