A Senior Buyer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The Senior Buyer is responsible for the on time efficient management of purchase orders and for their site. This involves working closely with the site operation scheduler to ensure the site supply plan/build plan is converted into a purchase order schedule and timely execution of the purchase order schedule. The Senior Buyer will play a lead role in purchasing related projects and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to deliver same on time. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Responsibility for the purchase planning and ensuring any issues which will impact its timely execution are communicated/escalated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Applying MRP knowledge in the timely execution completion of action messages from weekly MRP.
- Controlling costs and reporting on price deviations and cost saving programmes.
- Ensuring stock levels are within the agreed targets and operating within the company's shelf-life policies
- Manage and control purchase order processes compliant with company policy.
- Assist with compiling quarterly supplier assessments based on KPI's.
- Ad-hoc project work and be supply chain representative in cross functional teams.
- Proactively seek and drive cost improvements for items within portfolio.
- Represent purchasing team at daily operations meeting and communication of updates for open items.
- 3rd Level Degree (L8) in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering ideally, APICS/CPIM preferred.
- 5-7 years' progressive work experience and responsibility within high-volume regulated manufacturing environment preferably Medical Devices.
- Strong MRP understanding and experience with one or more ERP integrated systems (e.g. SAP, JD Edwards,).
- In-depth knowledge of order management, planning, scheduling, purchasing and inventory control.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of supply chain purchase order management
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce outputs on a regular, timely basis
- Ability to use analytical tools to issue, support, and execute decisions
- Analytical skills and ability to extract meaning information from various sources of data
- Ability to communicate effectively both upwards and across the organization
- Act on own initiative, strong IT, administrative, planning, organisation and communication skills.
- Strong team player and demonstrated continuous improvement success.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)