A Senior EH&S Specialist is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The successful candidate will work with the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Team providing technical support on environmental, health and safety management systems and will report directly to the EH&S Manager. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Develop and maintain Environmental, Health & Safety programmes to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and technical standards and best practices.
- Lead and support existing safety programmes to include but not limited to: chemical management (REACH, CLP), ergonomics and machine safety.
- Enhance environmental management programmes in preparation for IPC licencing requirements and lead environmental initiatives such as energy reduction and waste management.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure compliance and enhancement of the safety culture. Play an important role in promoting and driving a pro-active health & safety culture.
- Arrange, support and chair meetings and forums to drive an enhanced performance with a particular focus on leading EHS indicators. Identify, report and trend EHS metrics through an internal tier board reporting structure.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver EHS training programmes to all levels within the organization.
- Support the EHS accident and incident management process on site in accordance with HSA, OSHA and corporate requirements. (Incl. investigation, root cause analysis and corrective and preventative action management)
- Coordinate and conduct internal EHS auditing and inspection.
- Level 8 Degree in EHS or related field. Environment Qualification, preferred.
- 6+ years' experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- A thorough knowledge of EHS legislation
- Thorough knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety legislation and experience in environment management systems.
- Self-motivated, results orientated and commitment to achieving objectives.
- Proven ability to influence safety culture.
- Proven team player. Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in using common word processing software, excel, database applications, presentation software, and email.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)