A Senior EH&S Specialist/Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The Senior EH&S Specialist will work with the Environmental, Health and Safety Team providing technical support on environmental, health and safety management and will report directly to the EH&S Manager. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Develop, implement and monitor environmental, health & safety programmes to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company technical standards.
- Lead and support existing EHS Programmes to include but not limited to: Chemical Management (REACH, CLP), Environment Management, Machine Safety.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure active compliance with EHS programs.
- Coordinate site environmental management programmes, driving continuous improvement initiatives including but not limited to energy reduction, waste etc.
- Identify, report and trend EHS metrics through an internal tier board reporting structure.
- Identify and address site EHS issues and concerns.
- Develop, implement and maintain training programs for health, safety and the environment. Deliver EHS related training programmes to all levels within the organization.
- Support the EHS accident and incident management process on-site in accordance with HSA, OSHA and corporate requirements. Including investigations, root cause analysis and corrective and preventative action management.
- Coordinate and conduct internal EHS auditing and inspection.
- Play an important role in promoting and driving a pro-active health & safety culture.
- Level 8 Degree in Health and Safety or related field.
- Environmental Qualification preferred.
- 6+ years' experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- Thorough knowledge of EHS legislation.
- Self-motivated, results and solution-oriented.
- Proven ability to bring about a change of culture in H&S.
- Proven team player.
- Well-developed communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
Computer skills, including proficiency in using common word processing software, excel, database applications, presentation software, and email.
- Technical writing skills.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)