Senior Planner/Schedule required by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational metal processing client in Limerick. Contract position, 6 months initially.
- Develop early planning schedules for tender submission.
- Develop and manage contracted schedules to the satisfaction of the client.
- Participate in interim schedule meetings with the client, sub-contractors and the internal team.
- Update and report in detail as required for the QS and project manager on the status of the project versus plan.
- Work closely with project managers, construction managers and site engineers to track progress claims by sub-contractors.
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, and other team members to gather information for schedule development and establish realistic timelines. Develop & Populate metrics trackers & dashboards and progress reports with quantities for tracking purposes.
- Provide on-site Planning support to the Project Management Team.
- Supporting the Project Planners in gathering & collating installation progress for installation Earned Value & Performance analysis as required
- Working with the PM & QS to review the cause and effect impacts of project delays.
- Support monthly Manpower forecasting
- Deliver on the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements.
- Manage any changes to schedule due to additional/reduced works.
- Communicate schedule-related information to stakeholders and address concerns or issues promptly.
- Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Develop the project progress reports in conjunction with the Project Team.
- Identify potential schedule risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management.
- Develop Level 5 Schedules for specific detailed works.
- Liaise with Customer in schedule administration including progress reports including preparation of supporting documentation as necessary.
- Conduct risk assessments related to project schedules and proposed mitigation strategies.
- Adherence to company practices, processes and generally accepted industry standards.
- Development of the Project Controls Systems specific to the Project:
- o Setup WBS
- o Set up Progress Measurement System (PMS)
- o Develop the Schedule, S-Curves and Manpower Histograms
- o Cost Loading of Programs (as required)
- o Baseline the Schedule
- o Implementing the Project Controls system
- o Progress Measuring of all works, Direct & Sub-Contract
- o Monitoring of Labour man hours & Analyse Labour Efficiencies
- o Update the Schedule in Primavera
- o Monitor delays & client Notifications as required
- o Monthly Project Reporting to Senior Management
- o Project Reports
- Qualification in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Proficient in the suite of Microsoft applications (Excel, Project, Word) and Primavera.
- Min 7- 10 years relevant work placement experience as a planner scheduler preferably in the mechanical sector or a similar role
- A good understanding of Mechanical systems would be beneficial.
- Experience working on Pharma projects would be beneficial.
- Strong Communicator, written and verbal.
- Diligent, has a high level of attention to detail, and sets a high standard of quality for themselves and others.
- Personable, and a team player.
- Strong project management, planning discipline.
- Hard working and able to work in fast paced work environment.
- Logically minded, able to understand and make associations between basic technical requirements.
- Accountable & highly organised someone who take ownership of tasks from beginning to end.
- Decisive, able to make decisions while lacking some information.
- Organised person who can self-prioritise work.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
Please call James Farrar today for further information on 0872489961 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)