STRATEGIC SOURCING SPECIALIST with 1 - 3 years of experence required by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational manufacturing client in Limerick. 6 month contract on offer.
The STRATEGIC SOURCING SPECIALIST will be responsible for preparing requsite materials to support engagements with Suppliers, including; activities to identify and assess suppliers per category strategies, monitoring and reporting on supplier performance and developing reports to assist in Supplier Management.
Role of this position
- Help develop supplier's capabilities and oversee the commercial relationship. They will partner with suppliers in managing KPI's relating to quality, service/reliability and total cost.
- Prepare and analyise data for the preparation of engagements with Suppliers.
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager across selected suppliers.
- Establish close working relationships with other functions, in particular supplier quality, engineering and operations to drive improved Supplier performance.
- Establish proactive communication to the Planning Organization, manage supplier partnerships & contribute positively to the efficiency of Supply Chain
- Ensure alignment to the strategic direction provided by the source leadership team
- Champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal & joint supplier teams pursuing cost reduction opportunities in alignment with sourcing strategy.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practises, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Chair and minute business / scorecard reviews.
- Assist in managing supplier capabilities including but not limited to capacity planning, tooling and resource investments including inventory management
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities for major spend categories or key business processes. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing
- Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the supply chain
- Ensure training and compliance to relevant company procedures
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain role within a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting
- Analyticaly absorb information & solve complex problems quickly
- Advanced in excel and Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification a plus.
- Project management experience a plus
- Lean / continuous improvement skills a plus.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 021 4297422 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)