5 Ways To Boost Your Job Search
If you are looking for a new job, you may feel frustrated if the perfect job doesn’t come up or you are constantly pipped to the post in interviews. Here at CareerWise, we suggest looking at things a little differently and boosting your job search by taking a new perspective.
Making yourself more employable isn’t always easy, but there are many ways to improve your chances of securing the job of your dreams. Read on for our quick guide to getting the job you want, and making your job search a more rewarding process!
Great Tips To Get The Job You Want
- Do your research. If you are serious about securing the job of your dreams, you should be proactive about the process. Research your industry and the positions that are in demand, and find out what sort of skills you need to develop to get where you want to be. Research specific companies, too, and actively pursue positions in organisations that appear to fit your ethos.
- Market yourself. It’s not always easy to be objective about yourself, but it’s important to be realistic about how you present yourself to the world. Take some time to observe the way you put yourself out there, or ask a trusted friend for their input, and then think about how you could market yourself differently to make yourself a better prospect. Whether this is taking a more dynamic approach when you meet new people, or taking more time to listen and ask questions, you may notice better results very fast!
- Be proactive. When you apply for a job that has been advertised, you will be in competition with several other applicants in most cases. You can give yourself a head start by identifying companies that you are interested in and approaching them directly to see if they have vacancies. You may even be able to get some experience as a volunteer or freelancer, which could pave your way to your dream job in the future.
- Grow your network. The old chestnut about ‘who you know’ is often true, and you can maximise your chances of securing a great new job when you network with a wider range of people in the industry. Make a effort to grow your network and see where each new introduction takes you.
- Make yourself more desirable. It’s a no brainer that you’ll be more appealing at interview if you have more to offer. Look into training programmes and skills that could help you to become more valuable to potential employers, and build your experience by thinking outside the box to make you a more appealing prospect for a future employer.
Are You Looking For Recruitment Agencies in Cork and Galway?
CareerWise is Ireland’s leading specialist Technical and Executive Recruitment firm, and our team will work with you to find the best positions in the Medical Device, Sciences/Pharma and ICT industries.
For jobs across Cork, Shannon, Galway and Mayo, call us at CareerWise on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation, or contact us online today.