CareerWise Attend the National Recruitment Federation Annual Conference
This was the biggest conference for recruiters in Ireland, entitled “Navigating the Future” and attracted 350+ delegates from all over Ireland and overseas.
Key note speaker this year was Ireland’s Rugby coach Joe Schmidt. Joe, having coached Ireland to back to back Six Nation’s Championship wins since taking the Head Coach position in 2013, discussed his experience and insights regarding the management of the players in a highly pressure environment. This was very informative and very relevant to industry discussing motivational and leadership tips along with the emotional intelligence needed when dealing with players and how the strategies he uses can be transferred to the business world.
The conference was opened by Joan Burton (Tanaiste & Minster for Social Protection). Joan provided a very positive outlook with unemployment reduced to below 7.8% reported within the last CSO figures in March. The Irish economy is the fastest growing economy in Europe and it is projected to grow 4.9% in 2016. The unemployment figure is expected to be dramatically reduced over the next number of years with this forecasted growth.
Other speakers included
- Dave Hazlehurst discussed the digital technology and the growth in mobile recruitment.
- President of NRF, Barbara McGrath explored facts and figures of industry performance both at home and around the globe.
- President of CIETT (the Global body for Federations) AnneMarie Muntz discussed the future of work and how the HR services industry is leading in a changing world of work
- James Osborne of INNERGY showed “How to grow your Recruitment Business”.
- Ingrid Devin from Dell discussed the topic of Diversity in the workplace; sharing insights into the successful global programme Dell have in place.
- Irish Times Caitriona Lannen reviewed the results of a survey of talent living abroad and what measures Ireland needs to take to bring them home to work.
Chairing the conference was Kevin Green CEO of the Recruitment Employment Confederation UK. Kevin did an excellent job in chairing the event. Well organised and the message from all whom attended the event the Irish recruitment market is growing; so a lot of opportunity exists to expand business and create more employment in Ireland. May the positive story continue …….
mike morrissey, NRF