Thinking Of A Career Change? Read Our Guide First
If you are considering a new career for the new year, there will be many important questions to consider. Making big changes to your life usually involves a great deal of upheaval, and a career change is a big decision for you and your family.
Whether you are unhappy in your current career or simply feel that there is another option that would suit you better, you can talk to our experienced recruitment consultants about your options. Read on for our quick guide to the questions that will help you to make the career move you want.
5 Key Questions To Help You With Your Career Change
Here at CareerWise, we know how important it is to get it right. The following questions are a great way to narrow down your options and ensure that you are making the right choices:
- What is your dream? If money was no object and you had no other commitments, what sort of career would you pursue? Even if your dream isn’t likely to materialise, if you dream of being a rock star, for example, considering what you really love doing will allow you to focus your ideas: you might find that a career in the music industry would be a great option for you.
- What is the reality of a career in this field? A dream can be very different from reality, and ensuring that you can do what you love may require some creative thinking. Talk to people who work in this area already, and look into what this sort of job really involves. Consider the hours you will need to work and whether you would be able to work from your current location.
- Who do you know? Networking is vital within any career, and it can also be an important way to find out as much as possible about a new career you are considering. Talk to people in your chosen field, at as many levels as possible, and make the most of your contacts to make your vision a reality.
- What qualifications do you need? It will be essential to find out early on what sort of qualifications you will require for the job you want. If you need to undertake extensive retraining, you should find out how long this will take and, if possible, get started as soon as you can.
- How can you gain experience? In many industries, it can be difficult to gain a new position without experience. Unpaid work experience can be a great way to get a foot in the door, and will also demonstrate your willingness to work hard to get into your chosen career. Consider whether you can use some of your annual leave to gain experience of the industry you want to work within.
Are You Looking For A Great Recruitment Agency In Limerick?
CareerWise is Ireland’s leading specialist Technical and Executive Recruitment firm, and our team can help you to find the best positions in the Medical Device, Sciences/Pharma and ICT industries.
For jobs in Cork, Shannon and Galway, call us at CareerWise on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation, or contact us online today.