Why Use a Recruitment Agency to Fill Your Hiring Needs?
If you’ve never worked with a recruitment agency before, you may be surprised at how cost effective and efficient it can be. Hiring will always incur costs, particularly in terms of training and induction periods that involve other staff in time consuming processes, but advertising, interviewing, reference checking and other steps can all increase your expenditure substantially.
Investing in recruiting great members of staff who will become an asset to your team and reduce your staff turnover is a good way to reduce costs, and using a recruitment agency is a great way to do this. Talk to us at CareerWise to find out how we can help you to make the most of your recruitment process.
Benefits of Using a Recruitment Agency
Read on for five great reasons to work with a recruitment agency:
- Work to your hiring frequency. Whether you take on one new employee per year or hire someone new on a weekly basis, you can work with a recruitment agency to make the process easier. Screening initial applications can be time consuming and costly, and a recruitment agency can simplify this process to provide you with a strong pool of candidates for interview.
- Build a connection. Working with a recruitment agency allows you to build connections with recruiters so that they get to know you and your business and have a good understanding of what you are looking for in your team. When they meet someone with the ethos to fit in to your existing setup and can identify the soft skills that you are in need of, you will have a head start.
- Get a new perspective. An experienced recruiter may offer a very helpful external perspective that allows you to make the most of opportunities. For example, if a particular position is repeatedly being advertised, without the right candidates, your recruiter may suggest a different way of approaching the situation, advertising differently or changing the job role to get what you want.
- Safety in guarantees. You won’t pay fees if the hire doesn’t work out, and you can negotiate a fee structure that suits you. You can work with an agency in a variety of different ways, so you can find the structure that works for your business. Settling for candidates who are not quite right will become a thing of the past, and you’ll get great quality hires without risking an expensive mistake.
- Save staff time. Your business can thrive when you make the most of your skillset and work with a recruitment agency to make the most of theirs, too. If you have an internal recruiter, you’ll save time and streamline their effectiveness when you engage a recruitment agency to help with screening, and you can save a great deal of time and effort on the part of interviewers and managers when you work with a pre-selected group of promising candidates rather than a random selection of applicants.
Are You Looking For Recruitment Agencies In Ireland?
CareerWise is Ireland’s leading specialist Technical and Executive Recruitment firm, and our team can help you to find the best positions in the Medical Device, Sciences/Pharma and ICT industries.
For jobs in Cork, Shannon and Galway, call us at CareerWise on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation, or contact us online today.
(Director) BBS (Hons), MBPICS – Shannon Office
Joe Robbins is co-founder of CareerWise Recruitment. A graduate of the University of Limerick (Degree in Business Studies, 1985), Joe worked in the UK for five years where he specialised in materials management, production management and plant management for a number of companies.
He returned to Ireland in 1992 to become Operations Manager for a Cork-based start-up, FMC Automotive Division which was subsequently taken over by Snap-on Equipment. Joe managed the business re-location of this company to Shannon in 1997 before setting up CareerWise Recruitment in 1999.
He is a committee member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Mid-West region, and a former Director and Vice President of the Shannon Chamber of Commerce. Joe is former Chairperson of the Sixmilebridge Camogie Club and current Chairperson of the Clare County Camogie Board.